Haven't Started Your Business Yet? READ THIS!
If you are reading this... I assume you are like I was in 2017.
Does this sound familiar?
- I wanna start a business, but I have no money.
- I have a great idea, but I have no idea how to market it.
- Who would buy from me?
- I don't have time to start a business.
If any of these are statements you have made, then continue reading because I have some news (and hard truths) for you.
I spent ages 18-22 thinking that I wanted to start a business. I knew I wanted to work for myself, but I kept thinking... only people who have money or social status really make it.
Then in 2017, I was more broker than I had ever been... and so I started.
That's it. I made some awful websites on my own, made up dirt cheap prices, started doing affiliate marketing and Youtube research and all within a few months of each other started this blog, a YouTube Channel, and social media business.
A lot of other things went into this (details in my e-book "How To Do What You Love"), but one thing got it going and to where I am now.
Image: Digital Grace Design
Doing this taught me a few things.
1. You learn as you go. I didn't know anything about anything, but the more effort I put into it, the more I learned and the better things get.
2. You can make it with no income to start. It'll take effort and sacrifice, but it is possible, and if you really want it... it's worth it.
3. Starting despite the doubts... increases confidence. Now, despite anxiety and not knowing what will happen. I can launch e-books, e-courses, and new services more and more confidently.
Basically, my message is this... there is no right time. There is no perfect moment.
This is your sign. If you are reading this and starting a business is on your mind... GET STARTED.
You are in control of your success. You can make all of the excuses in the world... but the truth is. if you don't start it is your fault you're not some boss-ass business owner.
I wasn't able to be stable working from home full-time until this year. I started my business officially in 2018... but it took until December of 2020 for me to start working from home full-time.
There were times and days I wanted to give up. There were times and days I was so happy because of new clients, affiliate sales, or skyrocketing analytics. It is a roller coaster, but now I am doing what I love every single day and that is my life...why?
Because of 2 things:
👌-I didn't give up.
So, take this as your sign. Start your business!